How to file a discrimination complaint

The U.S. Department of Education has information on how to file a discrimination complaint if you feel your student has been discriminated against at school, or if the school district has discriminated against you.  According to their website:

Anyone who believes that an education institution that receives federal financial assistance has discriminated against someone on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age, or who believes that a public elementary or secondary school, or state or local education agency has violated the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act, may file a complaint. The person or organization filing the complaint need not be a victim of the alleged discrimination but may complain on behalf of another person or group.

There’s even a link to an online grievance form:

IMPORTANT NOTE: You have to file the grievance within 180 days from the time that the offense occurred.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *